Sunday, January 10, 2010

I am Blissfully Domestic --- the Challenge

So on a wonderful site, Blissfully Domestic, there are a set of weekly challenges to add more bliss, in all its forms, into our lives. This week, whereas in my normal Ellen mode, I would have added ALL of the challenges to my list, I choose from the Fitness & Exercise category and only choose one challenge: Drink a full glass of water before every meal.

And again, my natural inclination is to say, bah, I'm gonna go ALL THE WAY with this one and make sure I drink my full 8 glasses. Isn't that what is recommended? But, I'm pushing my foot down a little on the brakes and forcing myself to keep at the smaller, more manageable goal -- that which I am more likely to accomplish, otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place...right??

I'm choosing this because not only do I KNOW I don't drink as much water as I should, but this week especially, I have been feeling the effects of this. My skin has been super dry and my lips have been very dry and chapped --- like to the point they itch and have that subtle burn effect. When returning from church today and looking in the mirror, I was horrified to see that I was Ms. Flaky all around the bottom lip --- and then I think oh no, and wasn't I Ms. Chatty today? Make that Ms. Chatty Flaky Lips.

So to avoid this in the future, here I come H20.

In fact, I'm gonna get a glass right now.....and put it right beside my glass of homemade blueberry wine. :)

Happy Challenge to everyone on Blissfully Domestic!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad you are accepting the challenge. And I am proud of you for choosing just 1. I want everyone who joins in to be and feel successful. I know there are women out there who already exercise every day and drink tons of water (I'm not one of them!) I need baby steps. We'll get to full 8 glasses of water a day, but by the time we're there it will have become a learned and ingrained habit. And we'll have more joy because of that I think!
    Just wanted to pop over and say hi and thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your heart!