Monday, September 19, 2011

What's in Your Fridge...?

I've been a follower of the Life in Grace blog for a while. And recently there, I came across this very funny post and challenge. It's an off-shoot of a Mark Menjivar exhibit, looking at points of stewardship, how we eat and how we take care of our bodies. Some of the fridges are quite funny....

So, without any cleaning or shifting around, as is -- my refrigerator.




So what does this mean....? What insights can you draw?
1. We need more fruits and veggies...though I like to buy fresh as close as possible to when I will use them....and this was kind of an 'off-week'..

2. You can definitely see that I am a No-frills shopper. No name and Great Value are usually my pics...but for some items, YES definitely, you have to go name brand and just pay a little more.

3. We are obviously stocked in the butter department.

4. What you can't see is that there are 4 different types of strawberry jam...my husband LOVES bread and jam....and when he's in the mood for such, he will quickly look for it in the fridge and subsequently not find it, therefore, opening from the pantry a whole new jar. This goes on frequently...

5. You will also find 3 containers of yogurt --- because what my husband does with #4 and jam, he also does with yogurt (except that he just buys another one, he doesn't find it in the pantry lol).

6. A reminder to myself to get to that meat that is defrosting (has already defrosted) in the tupperware (bottom left). I don't like cutting/messing with meat and so I usually procrastinate in this department (even if its for a fabulous sounding recipe)...and then I end up throwing out the meat because I am just not sure...

7. The two gallons of milk -- yeah, that will last us about a week and a half and we are a family of 2 adults, 1 toddler and one on the way.....

Overall, I am proud of myself because (besides the occassional meat - see #6) I don't really waste food -- I make enough for my family and we usually eat leftovers from dinner the next day as lunch or I am able to transform it into a side for another meal. Also, I don't really have a lot of processed/ready-made food or condiments (because I am really on a "as natural as possible trend").

If you decide to take this challenge....let me know k?

1 comment:

  1. Your little family is so darn cute Ellen! And I love your fridge post!
    xo,
    edie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your heart!