Friday, January 6, 2012

The Word of 2012: Diligent

“The plans of the diligent lead to profit
as surely as haste leads to poverty.”
-Proverbs 21:5


So apparently, New Year's Resolutions have been replaced by the now trendy, Word of the Year.
K, I'll join the bandwagon.

My word for 2012 is Diligence.
Intentional Diligence.
Feminine Diligence
Diligent Joy.

I came across this when reading Eat, Pray, Love and it spoke volumes to me.

In my own life, I can see exactly where my episodes of unhappiness have brought suffering or distress or inconveniences to those around me. The search for contentment is, therefore, not merely a self-preserving and self-benefiting act, but also a generous gift to the world. Clearing out all your misery get YOU out of the way. You cease being an obstacle, not only to yourself, but to everyone else. Only then are you free to serve and enjoy other people.
There have been plenty of times when yes, I got in my own way. Whether by sabotaging, making excuses, or allowing fears or
insecurities to penetrate through.
This is the year to be intentional.
This is the year to be diligent.

Our Greatest Fear
by Marianne Williamson
it is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.


And another one from Apple....
Here’s to the crazy ones The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? We make tools for these kinds of people. While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

1 comment:

  1. I followed you here from the Hello Morning Challenge Forums. You are my groups moderator. Thanks, by the way, for volunteering for that position. I loved this post. It went nicely with what I have envisioned for myself for this year and this challenge in particular. Have a great day, and I look forward to checking out the rest of your site.
    Sincerely, Lanie L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your heart!