Thursday, January 19, 2012

On being Set Apart...

Our Memory Scripture last week was from Romans 12...
Therefore, my brothers, in view of God's mercy, present yourselves as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of worship. And do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be renewed by the transformation of your mind.

I have to say that, for at least the last year, I really have had my eyes and heart opened to "patterns of this world" and the very important need to renew my mind, to transform my mind, to set myself apart.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations...

Romans 1:1
Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God...

Galatians 1:15
But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace...

We've been set apart and called to live a different way of life. And with this, I'm giving you a heads up on a 30 days series in February (I guess, then a 29 days series :P) that I will be launching called
"Being Serious about Being Set Apart".

I think a lot of people, Christian women included, struggle with what a Christian woman "looks/acts" like. And it seems, to me, that we do the things we aren't supposed to do and don't do the things we are supposed to do.

The series will take a look at what "set apart" means in terms of:
our ambitions and desires,
our dress and presentation,
our homes and families,
our beliefs, values and actions.

This will be a great journey of both the mind, heart and spirit. There will also be some great giveaways too!
I can't wait to go on it with you!

Stay tuned February 1st....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart!