Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blogging made us friends...Life made us Sisters

So, as many of you know, we just celebrated our son's 2 year old birthday....and being the over-achiever that I am, with a heart to be the best mom I can be and to just enjoy all the "mommy" pleasures I can -- I decided to enter the world of fondant. Yes, I was going to make my first "don't-I-look-like-a-professionally-done" cake. (End note: I don't know if my cake looks all that professional, but it's a definite first step in the right direction. My sugar balloon won't be burst!).

Looking around on the internet, I came across an amazing (AMAZING, I say!) blog, The Polhamus Family. Not only did I find the most easiest instructions on how to make marshmallow fondant, but there are amazing pictures of some of the most gorgeous children I have ever seen. And it's not because of the photography (though there is a definite talent there!), these kids are downright, beautiful.







Seriously, can you stand it?!

So, completely distracted from my whole marshmallow fondant mission, I spent about an hour, looking at Jac's blog. It's a great family - her and her husband have 7 children (a set of girl triplets in there)

she homeschools, has the love of Jesus in her heart and she makes cakes that looks like this

After spending an hour on her site, I was completely inspired -- no, not just to make the marshmallow fondant (oh yeah, that's right!), but in so many ways! I realized the internet is an amazing thing, because somehow we come across people that we seem to have so much in common with, that it's absolutely ridiculous. (Besides the fact that my husband and I don't have twins....seems like everything else is the same. Tho' we (husband and I) are completely open to it....doesn't that count?! :) And so I was inspired to come up with "Blog Sisters" -- where I would consistently feature a blog where I feel the author is "virtually" my sister. And what better blog to start off with, then that of The Polhamus Family.

Here's the Blog Sisters button I created....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart!