Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Funny Valentine....

So I realized that I never posted about our Valentines...so hopefully you readers won't mind reading about a holiday a month later!

I decorated only a little...

ceramic hearts that hang in the window
(btw, they are still up and it's now March... :))


I decorate the tree branch each month...


with these little blue and white IKEA favor holders....


I made this little gift bag and card in my "Mom's Group" at church....


No, you aren't reading that wrong. Yes, I stamped it backwards...
Outside it's supposed to read: "Together we're good.." But it worked, for the inside I wrote: "cuz look what I'm capable of on my own, without you..."

I was serenaded by a couple of cuties.....with serious hair issues!!!
(FYI, that IS a costume 'fro.....though my son can get quite close with his natural hair lol!)




---Eliel playing for me on the keyboard---

For Valentines dinner, we had spaghetti. I know that doesn't sound terribly romantic, but these were the little heart pasta shapes....and I couldn't resist. I made a garlic cream sauce to "artistically" drizzle on. And we've been married for almost 5 years, garlic breath ain't a deterrent! hahah.

For my Valentines gift to my husband, I bought him these Union 28 t-shirts that say "My Marriage Still Rocks! Re-established 2011"....These were perfect for we did have a difficult last year and have recommitted to each other this year.

here's a little photoshoot....
look at us trying to take a pic with an active 2 year old
(see the last picture.....)
haha, you can see the corner of a camping tarp that is hanging on our roof...learned after (another) major snow storm in Canada here, that we have a little "hole" in the roof and this was what my husband came up with at 2am to stop the water from continuing to seep into the guest bathroom...




all is quiet (and still) on the home front...(well, almost!)

Any um...notice anything special about the pictures...about ME specifically....looking a little round nowadays, aren't I? ;P It's not FULLY because I'm guilty of eating a box of twinkies, a bag of popcorn and a man-bowl of peach oatmeal......news soon to come!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for sharing your heart!