Wednesday, December 23, 2009

a skirt of my very own...



so now with little Eliel into somewhat of a schedule, I am aiming at being more productive, in the kitchen with fab meals, with my enjoyment reading and with crafts. Ideally, I’d like to work on a craft each day. Something. Anything. Just to keep whittling away this huge self-imposed punishment list of crafts….so one project I did today was a skirt for the Christmas tree! I always wanted one and dreamly walk through the stores fascinated with the beauty of the ones calling my name, begging me to take them home….but that all comes to a serious halt when I see the prices!!! And I always think “I can make that”. Well if you are like me, you say that so often that you actually don’t get to anything bc there are so many things you are currently working on….but anyway, without any more delay, here is my “country vintage meets whimsical” Christmas tree skirt…



It’s a teal color with brown polka dots w/a yellow and red stripe ruffle. And I added a little shimmer to it with teal, blue and pink rhinestones. I just love it!

Here is a better look, a closeup.


And if you do a second glance, it looks like Ms. Pacman is in the house…..hehehe (w/my big Apple pushpin holder thingamajig…)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart!