Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Non-Entryway




Ok, so here is the deal. I am an American who when going to people’s houses or having people come over to my house, it’s more likely that this would be something of a front door ordeal. BUT I have married a Canadian, we live in Canada and have been for the four years of our marriage been dealing with how it seems that people are always coming and going through the back door. GRANTED, I don’t even like my little dark corner of a front door and hall, but I just don’t understand why people want to come through the back door and not the formal (often beautified) front door.


So I just sucked it up and made my non-entranceway more glamorous with a little shopping of the house….I think it looks pretty good, eh? Especially now, I am really liking how festive it feels. Ok, so NOW I can see why ppl are coming through the back door…:)










This is a little “cubby-like” space for my son’s coats and shoes…above it is a blackboard where I put tonight’s menu, a scripture verse (of the week) and updates on Eliel — right now, my little 8 month old is sporting 2 bottom teeth and 2 top ones are on the way!

And you can’t really see it here, but in the first picture, on the other side of the door is a wooden American flag plaque given to me by one of my close friends. I get all the time murmurs from my fellow Canadians about having an American flag on the door. My response: “If you don’t want to see the American flag, then come through the front door!” :) hehe

It’s not working, hasn’t made any difference. I still get the back door trail o’company!


2 comments:

  1. I am glad you hang your American Flag with pride, you are, after all an American!
    I love your chalkboard and hooks in the entry. Did you put river rocks on the boot tray? What a great idea... I may need to use that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the flag was from a great, artistically minded friend... :)

    Yes, river r ocks, to catch the gunk from the winter boots instead of it going on the rug....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your heart!